What We Believe
This is not a creed or a test of fellowship. It is a statement of general identity of the Community Christian Church of Scott City, Kansas. We have no creed except faith in Jesus as the Christ, God’s Son and man’s Savior.
* There is one God, eternally existing in three distinct Persons who exist in unity: The Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
* In the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, His virgin birth, sinless life, miracles, atonement through His shed blood, bodily resurrection, ascension to the right hand of the Father, and His personal and visible return to earth.
* The Holy Spirit is the divine helper, counselor and instructor. His work is to reveal Christ, convict of sin, guide, comfort, and strengthen believers. (John 16:5-15)
* The Bible to be God’s Holy Word, without error, and the sole authority for life. (II Timothy 3:16)
* While human beings are the special creations of God, we are all sinners and are in need of salvation. (Romans 3:23)
* We cannot save ourselves, but salvation is a free gift from God. (Ephesians 2:8-9)
* The only terms of salvation that we may proclaim are those expressed in the New Testament; faith, repentance, confession of faith in Jesus Christ, and baptism by immersion in water for the remission of sins and for the promised presence of the Holy Spirit. (Matthew 28:19-20, Acts 2:38, Romans 10:9, Matthew 16:16.)
* In partaking of the Lord’s Supper each week. (Acts 2:42)
* We are a non-denominational church, which answers only to the Lord and the local congregation.
* In cooperating with other local churches in doing the work of God in the community.